Pear, Endive & Goat Cheese Canoes
- 3 heads endive
- 2 Bose pears
- 1 box Kosher salt
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup radicchio leaves
- 1 eg yolk
- 1 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup walnut or grapeseed oil or a combination of both
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Empty box of salt into a small, fairly deep pan.
3. Submerge pears into the salt.
4. Roast in oven for one hour, turning the pears after 30 minutes if they are not completely submerged into the salt (Careful! The salt gets hot!)
5. Fill a medium size pot with one inch of water.
6. Place on stove on medium-high heat and boil water.
7. Remove the outer leaves of the endive and set aside.
8. Cut the inner layers into julienne.
9. Cut the radicchio leaves into julienne.
10. Place the egg yolk into a stainless steel bowl with a teaspoon of water.
11. When water in pot is boiling, place bowl over water and continuously whisk until yolk is warm and frothy.
12. Remove bowl from pot and turn off water.
13. Add mustard, vinegar, shallot and garlic to bowl and whisk together.
14. Gradually whisk in oil.
15. Season to taste.
16. After pears have cooled, peel and core and cut into small pieces.
17. In a separate bowl, place julienned endive, radicchio, pears and walnuts.
18. Toss with vinaigrette.
19. Arrange endive leaves on a platter.
20. Top with tossed ingredients.
21. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese.
You'll also love
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Super Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White chocolate raspberry swirl... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ricotta & Spinach Cannelloni 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Risotto 5/5 (1 Votes)
- caramel pear butter 5/5 (1 Votes)