- 1 lb U10 or 11-12 ct scallops (dry pack, not processed)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil and butter
- Horseradish Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 Tbl horseradish (liquid squeezed out)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper and cayenne
1. Towel off the scallops with a damp towel and allow them to sit in the open for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
4. Add oil to the pan and gently place scallops in the pan (do not crowd the pan).
5. After the scallops brown on one side, turn them over and place some butter in the pan.
6. Brown on the other side.
7. Finish cooking in the oven at 350 degrees to desired doneness.
8. Cool slightly.
Cut circles of white bread, slightly larger than the scallops. Brush with butter on both sides and bake at 325 degrees until brown on both sides (flip over if necessary).
** Garnish with grated radish**