Bacon Cheddar Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (or 1-2.5 ounce bag of store-bought real bacon bits)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cheese, bacon, and chives. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, sour cream, and milk. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Batter will be thick. Spoon batter into a greased muffin pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Makes 20-24 muffins