Sesame Seared Tune Crisps
- One small loin of tuna, about 2"*2"*6"
- 1/4 cup of white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of black sesame seeds
- Wasabi Cream
- 3 Tbl wasabi powder
- 2 Tbl water
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbl half-n-half as needed for consistency
1. Heat a saute pan over high heat.
2. Combine white and black seeds on a small tray.
3. Roll tuna loin in the seeds, coating the outside of the tuna loin.
4. Cover the tuna tightly with aluminum foil.
5. Place the foil-covered tuna in the hot pan.
6. Turn to each side after about 20 seconds.
7. Unwrap loin - there should be about 1/4"-1/2" thickness all around the outside of the loin that is cooked.
8. Slice thinly and serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
** If the tuna is served with soy sauce on the side, you do not need to salt the tuna prior to cooking. If you will not be serving soy sauce, the tuna should be seasoned with salt prior to cooking it with sesame seeds.
Cut wonton wrappers to desired shape.
Brush with egg white.
Sprinkle with salt and black and white sesame seeds.