Family Pleasing Turkey Chili
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes.
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups of frozen corn thawed
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 TBL chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
In large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is done. Drain.
Transfer to a 4 qt pot. Stir in tomatoes, kidney bean, black beans, broth, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, peeper, cumin and garlic pepper.
Cover and cook until warm completely through.
Serve with reduced fat sour cream and minced fresh cilantro if desired.
Serves 6 (1 ½ cup serving size)
349 calories per serving.