Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Teriyaki Sauce
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 5
Preparation Time: 8 min
Cooking Time: 9 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), finely minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp sherry cooking wine, or mirin
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz yellowfin tuna, 1-inch thick
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill to high.
To make teriyaki sauce, in a small saucepan, combine garlic, ginger, sherry, soy sauce, orange juice, water, sugar and cornstarch. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick.
Coat all sides of tuna with teriyaki sauce. Grill, flipping once, brushing on more teriyaki sauce as fish cooks, about 4 minutes for rare, or longer to desired degree of doneness.* Serve with arugula tossed with your favorite salad dressing, or some oil, vinegar, salt and pepper (could affect POINTS values). Yields about 3 ounces of tuna per serving.