Chocolate Kahula Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kahula
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 85mins
1. Mix cookie crumbs, butter and sugar.
2. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
3. Freeze for 5 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
5. Let cool.
6. Melt 3/4 cup chocolate in bowl over boiling water until smooth.
7. Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup Kahula and stir until blended.
8. In another bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
9. Add first mixture to second and blend well.
10. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
11. Add vanilla and mix.
12. Pour over prepared crust and bake10 minutes at 450 degrees F.
13. Decrease oven to 275 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes.
14. Remove from oven to cool.
15. Loosen cake from rim of pan and remove.
16. Melt remaining chocolate.
17. Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons Kahula to the chocolate, mixing well.
18. Spread over top of cake and refrigerate for 6 hours.
19. Beat remaining whipped cream with powdered sugar and top cake before serving.