Honey Sweetened Strawberry Jam
- 920grams920 grams / 2 pounds (~6 1/2 cups smushed) rinsed off, patted dry, and hulled really sweet strawberries
- 70grams70 grams (~1/4 cup) honey
- 3teaspoons3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4cup1/4 cup (60ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Adapted from texanerin.com
1. Place the strawberries in a large pot and smush with the bottom of a glass. Add the honey, lemon zest and lemon juice and heat over medium high.
2. Boil, stirring every now and then, until the mixture thickens. With my really soft and juicy strawberries, this took about 45 minutes. It could take more or less time depending on your strawberries.
3. To test, put some of the jam on a clean spoon and then put the spoon on a plate in the freezer. Let it sit in there for five minutes and then take it out. If the jam doesn’t fall easily off the spoon when you turn it to the side, it’s ready and you can take the pot off the heat. If it does pour off easily, continue cooking for another 5 minutes and try the test again.
4. Let cool and then pour into jars and store in the fridge and for up 1 week.