Grilled Beef & Red Pepper Skewers
A quick but delicious marinade is used to flavor both the meat and the peppers. Serve with rice for a full meal or alone as an appetizer. I served these for a Super Bowl party we hosted last year and just halved the skewers, they were a huge hit!
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak tips, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, curry powder, and pepper flakes together in large bowl. Add meat and bell peppers, toss to coat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Thread meat and bell peppers onto four 12-inch skewers.
Grill skewers over hot fire until bell peppers are lightly charred and meat is cooked to medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes, turning every minute to brown all sides. Transfer to platter. Serve.