Zucchini Spice Bread
It might be called zucchini bread but it tastes nothing like zucchini. This spiced version adds a nice kick to your normal everyday zucchini bread.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9-X-5-X-3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater (to yield 1 3/4 cups); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
Into a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack, then reinvert, top side up. Cool completely before slicing.
You'll also love
- Penne with Italian Sausage - Baked 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Clean Green Bean Casserole (Vegan,... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower With Dates and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Egg Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Waldorf Salad with Smoked Turkey 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Waffles 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- ZUCCHINI TORTE 4.6/5 (12 Votes)