Pretzel chicken w/ Fig mustard dip
- 2 1/2 cups honey mustard and onion flavored pretzel pieces
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 3 1/2 lbs) SKINNED
- 1/2 cup fig or apricot jam
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Peheat oven to 425. Place pretzel pieces in plastic bag. Use a rolling pin...to crush
pretzels. Add cumin, shake to mix.
2. Place beaten eggs in shallow dish. Dip drumsticks one at a time in eggs, let excess drip
off. Add chicken to bag and shake gently to coat. Coat a roasting pan with non-stick
cooking spray and place over a foil-lined baking pan. Transfer chicken to a roasting
3. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to
platter, sprinkle with thyme.
FIG MUSTARD DIP:
In a small bowl mix together the jam and the mustard. Serve with chicken.