Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cup flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp water
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium soy sauce is best)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet, pound the meat to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Alternatively, you can slice the breasts by placing them flat on a cutting board and using a very sharp knife to slice them into halves horizontally.
2. Sift together flour, salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
3. Whisk together the eggs and water.
4. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture. Dip the breast into the eggwash and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the meat to get good contact.
5. Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil covering the bottom. You will want to carefully regulate the temperature here so that the chicken does not brown too quickly.
6. Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked breasts into the Honey Garlic Sauce. Serve with noodles or rice.
For the Honey Garlic Sauce
In medium saucepan add oil & garlic. Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but not brown.
Add honey, soy sauce, and pepper to the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.