- 8 oz. small button mushrooms (about 20)
- 1 Tbl butter
- 2 Tbl diced spring onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbl white wine or madeira
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 Tbl bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chopped sage & parsley
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Carefully remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
3. Place mushroom caps (open side up) onto a lined sheet tray.
4. Sprinkle with salt and put in the oven to sweat until they are soft.
5. Chop stems of mushroom.
6. Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat.
7. Add butter to pan and melt.
8. Add mushroom stem pieces and spring onions to pan.
9. Sweat mushroom and shallots until soft.
10. Add garlic and wine to pan.
11. Simmer wine and reduce until pan is almost dry.
12. Add cream to pan and simmer gently.
13. Cook cream until thick.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Place filling in each mushroom cap.
16. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, herbs and a pinch of salt.
17. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the filling.
18. Return to oven to warm and brown the crumbs.