Coconut Cream Pie
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup flour or corn starch
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mom’s prebaked pie shell
- Whipped Cream & toasted coconut to top
In microwave safe bowl, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt. Microwave at 1 minute intervals stirring between each minute for 3-4 minutes until thick.
Add coconut and the vanilla extract. Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm.
Top with whipped topping, and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.
To toast coconut, bake coconut on ungreased pan and in a 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
You'll also love
- Mexican Coca-cola pulled pork 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Madeleines 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Sugar Donuts 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Applesauce 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Chips 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Sweet Chili Sauce 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE COCONUT CREAM PIE 4.5/5 (21 Votes)