- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons fat free chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup the 2 Tbsp. low sodium pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.Saute’ the onions in the chicken broth until lightly browned
3. Add in the minced garlic and sauté’ for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slighly
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey breast, bread crumbs, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and saute’d onion and garlic and mix together.
5. Form mixture into a loaf. Now take a separate so you have a top and bottom.
6. Take bottom half and place in loaf pan
7. Now add the fat free mozzarella and place the top half on top of that
8. Brush with the 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce on top.
9.Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until done.
10. Take out of oven and drain off fat let cool about 10 minutes and serve.
I love to serve this with french cut green beans.. It just makes a yummy home cooked meal and it is comfort food, just a healthier versions of it!
Let me know how much you love it!! If you want more recipes like this and are looking for a workout program as well, make sure to click on the button below and check out P90X!