Penne with Cauliflower and Pistachios
- 1 pound penne
- 1 clove large garlic, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente according to package instructions and drain.
While the pasta water comes to a boil, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large, wide-bottomed saucepan or straight-sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the saffron, if using, and cook for 1 minute to release its natural flavor and color into the olive oil.
Add the cauliflower florets and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower softens and starts to turn golden brown. Add the garlic and pistachios and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the cooked penne and add a splash of olive oil to finish the dish.
You'll also love
- Black Cherry Jello 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Balsamic Roast Beef Dip Sandwiches 4/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Pancakes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Cheese Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne Rustica 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup with... 4/5 (1 Votes)