Beef Brats and Onion Panini
- 4 slices of french bread cut on the diagonal for length of brats
- 2 beef brats cooked either microwave or grilled
- 1 onion sliced to make ringlets
- 2 tablespoons mustard (Dijon or Jalapeno Mustard)
- 4 small slices of Gruyere cheese
- 1 oz of liqueur (like Grand Marnier or B&B)
- olive oil (or butter) for frying and cooking
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Cook the Brats either microwave (2 minutes) or grill.
Plugin in the panini grill and get hot.
In a fry pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and onion ringlets. Saute onions until soft. Then add 1 oz of liqueur to give it a sweet taste.
Next on one slice of bread spread the mustard on one side and put two slices of Gruyere cheese on the mustard side.
Slice the brats length wise place on top of the cheese. Next add half the saute onion. Put mustard on the other slice of bread and close the sandwich.
Butter or put olive oil on both slices on the outside (to keep from sticking in the Panini press). Put sandwich in Panini and grill until light brown on the outside.
Repeat for the other sandwich. serve hot