Stuffed Chicken Breasts Cordon Bleu
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ham (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Progresso® plain dry bread crumbs
Adapted from tablespoon.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. To form pocket in each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long slit in thick side of each breast, cutting into breast about 2 inches and to within 1/2 inch of opposite side.
2. In small bowl, mix cheese, ham and bacon. Spoon evenly into pockets
in chicken; secure openings with toothpicks.
3. Place melted butter in shallow dish. Place bread crumbs on sheet of waxed paper. Dip each stuffed chicken breast in butter; roll in bread crumbs to coat. Place in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining bread crumbs over chicken.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove toothpicks before serving.