Pork Chops with Paprika-Dill Sauce
- 6 shoulder pork chops about 3/4" thick
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4 medium onions, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. paprika, or to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. diced dillweed
Dredge chops in seasoned flour (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
Heat butter in large skillet and brown chops on both sides; set chops aside.
Add onions and garlic to skillet and sauté over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in paprika and bouillon and cook over high heat to deglaze skillet.
Add chops, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until chops are tender. Remove chops to heated serving dish and keep warm.
Blend sour cream and 2 Tbsp. reserved flour, stir in dillweed, then stir into onion mixture and cook and stir over medium heat just until sauce thickens and is smooth (do not boil).
Ladle some sauce over chops and serve remainder in heated sauce dish.
Good with noodles and rolls.