Eggplant Curry from Jenny W
Quickly sautéing the eggplant gives it an amazing texture in this vegetarian curry dish. Serve over hot rice.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large pot over high heat. Saute eggplant with salt until soft and golden. Drain on paper towels.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to pot and reduce heat to medium. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until soft. Add curry powder, other seasoning and tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
Add water and sugar, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute longer at high heat. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Add eggplant and tomato, reduce heat and cook just to blend flavors, about 4 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve hot over rice.
You'll also love
- Pukka Yellow Curry with Chicken... 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Curry Chicken 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Baked Cheesy Olive Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackberry Pudding Cobbler 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Vegetable Tempura 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Amazing Raw Coconut Jerky 4/5 (2 Votes)