Brown Sugar and Spice Cutout Cookies
- 1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon or ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets with cooking spray, butter or shortening.
* Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, blend well.
* Stir together remaining dry ingredients and add slowly to butter mixture, blending well.
* On floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to a 1/8" thickness. Cut into shapes as desired with floured cookie cutters and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
* Cool on wire rack and decorate if desired.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Source: Domino® Sugar