Spinach and Feta Frittata
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 0 mins
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 – Fresh Spinach-10 oz Package
- 5 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 6 – Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes with Oil
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Table Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
To prepare, chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
1. Place oven rack 4" to 5" from the heating element and preheat broiler. Microwave fresh spinach in a loosely covered bowl on high for about 3 minutes or until it is slightly wilted. Dry spinach thoroughly with paper towels, and chop it coarsely. (For frozen spinach, place the open spinach box on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for about 4 minutes, then drain well.)
2. Meanwhile, coat bottom and sides of a heavy 12" oven-proof skillet with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet on medium-high, and add onion. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
4. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet with onion and tilt pan to distribute oil evenly. Pour egg mixture into skillet, evenly distributing vegetables with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat without stirring for about 7 minutes or until only the surface is loose.
5. Place skillet under hot broiler and cook for 2 minutes or until the surface is lightly browned. To serve, loosen edges of frittata with a knife, flip it onto a cutting board, and slice.