Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats Stars
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package [10 oz. about 40] regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies or multicolored sprinkles
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Removed from heat.
2. Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15x10x1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, cut in to star shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
Note: For best results, use fresh marshmallows. One jar [7 oz.] marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.