Honey-Roasted Curried Nuts
Take these as a gift for your next barbecue or cottage getaway. They’re a perfect go-with-beer kind of snack.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) salted mixed nuts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place honey and butter in a large frying pan and set over medium heat. Cook until butter has melted and mixture is bubbling. Then continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 more minutes until it starts to turn a caramel colour. Remove from heat. Add garam masala and cayenne pepper, then nuts. Stir until nuts are well coated.
3. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until nuts are toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly, then toss with salt. Taste and add additional salt to taste, if desired. Cool completely, stirring occasionally to break nuts into clumps.