Orange Mini Bundt Cakes
Can be baked in mini bundt pans or a standard 12 cup bundt pan for one hour.
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped orange slice candy (about 10 pieces)
- 1 cup pitted dates, diced
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Additional ingredient:
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare cake, heavily coat mini Bundt pans with cooking spray; turn pan upside down to drain excess. Place granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a heavy-duty mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Add egg substitute and eggs to sugar mixture; beat well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Sprinkle candy, dates, coconut, and nuts over flour; stir well to disperse and coat candies. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
To prepare glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and juice in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each mini Bundt cup. Bake at 350° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of 1 cake comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; brush the top of each warm cake with about 2 teaspoons glaze. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish cakes with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, if desired.