Weight Watchers Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Only calories are sacrificed not flavors in this yummy Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta recipe from Weight Watchers.
- 1/2 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 slices bacon, diced (we use turkey bacon)
- 1/2 tablespoon light butter
- 1 large chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 (1/2 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top.