Pineapple Star Cookies
When you see the cookies' pretty shape and savor the pineapple filling and sweet frosting, you'll know they're worth the effort.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation time 25mins
In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar and flour; add pineapple and stir until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
To form star, make a 1-1/4-in. cut from each corner toward center (do not cut through center). Place 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the center of each. Fold every other point toward the center, overlapping pieces; press lightly to seal.
Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with walnuts.
You'll also love
- Dreamy Apple Pie 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- White Chocolate Lime Pudding in a... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Snowman Cheese Ball 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Fried Okra 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Snickers Apple Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Lidia's Almond-Apricot Butter... 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pineapple Black Bean Guacamole Dip 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Stollen Bites 4.7/5 (17 Votes)