Beef and Bean Burrito - Quick
Pioneer Woman 16-minute meal.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion
- 1 can (7 Ounce) Mexican Tomato Sauce (El Pato) Or Enchilada Sauce
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Cumin, Oregano, Chili Powder, Garlic To Taste
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Refried Beans
- 3/4 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 12 whole Burrito-sized Flour Tortillas
- Extra Grated Cheese, For Sprinkling
- Extra Sauce, For Drizzling
- Cilantro Leaves, Optional
- Optional Filling Ingredients: Mexican Rice, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Green Chilies, Pico De Gallo
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Brown ground beef with onion and season to taste. Pour in sauce and simmer over low heat. Add water if mixture gets too dry.
Heat refried beans in a saucepan. Add cheese and stir in till melted. Keep warm.
Heat tortillas in microwave for one minute.
Spread a small amount of beans on each tortilla. Add meat. Fold over ends, then roll up. Place two burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Drizzle red sauce over the top and sprinkle with more grated cheddar. Microwave for one minute, or until cheese is melted and burritos are very hot. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Fill burritos with any optional ingredients you like. (I love them full, but my boys like them very plain.)