Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 3/4 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (cheddar/jack)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
In large bowl, thoroughly mix chicken, salsa, bell pepper, onion, shredded cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cilantro.
Fill 8 large flour tortillas with this mixture, roll them up and place in a sprayed/greased casserole dish.
Sauce: combine cheese and milk. Microwave on high, stopping to stir often, until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth; it has a tendency to boil over. Pour cheese sauce over enchiladas covering completely. Spread a little more salsa over cheese sauce.
Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees F for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.