Summer Fruit Cake
Protein: 5 g
Carb: 50 g
Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 20 g
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon and salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cups) unsalted butte, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 ripe plum, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- Crumb Topping
- 3 Tbsp each all purpose flour and light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in bits
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick foil; let foil extend over ends of pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on high speed for 2 mins until smooth. On medium speed, beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. On low speed, beat in flour mixture and milk until blended. Gently fold 1/2 cup blueberries into batter.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Top with peach and plum slices, evenly spaced in batter. Scatter with remaining 1 cup blueberries.
4. Topping: In a medium bowl, rub ingredients together with fingertips until moistened and clumpy, then scatter over fruit. Bake 55 to 60 mins, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out and it starts to pull away slightly from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack.
5. Lift foil by ends onto work surface. Using 2 large spatulas, lift cake from foil onto a serving plate. Cut into squares.