Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Topping
This is a moist cake and the topping bakes right in
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raw quick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Pour boiling water over oats, stir w/fork to mix well, set side.
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x9x2 pan.
Mix flour, soda and cinnamon, set aside.
Beat butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating until light & fluffy. Add eggs, add vanilla, Add oats, then add flour mixture.
Bake 50 minutes.
Combine all ingredients - spread over hot cake and bake another 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Old-Time Beef Stew 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp, Corn and Bacon Chowder 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Peachy Dump Cake 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry French Toast 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Gooey Chocolate Crunch Bars 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake with Coconut Pecan... 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Oatmeal Cake 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Hawaiian Carrot Cake With Coconut... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)