Cumin Spiced Lentil & Cauliflower Soup
High in fibre and low in fat.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 carton chicken broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from Inspired.ca
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin and turmeric and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth and lentils. Cover and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove from heat, and using a hand blender, puree about one third of the lentils. Stir in the cauliflower and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
Ladle into serving bowls, squeeze some lemon over top, and garnish with yogurt, green onion and pepper.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cakes 4.5/5 (114 Votes)