Cumin Spiced Lentil & Cauliflower Soup
High in fibre and low in fat.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 carton chicken broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from Inspired.ca
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin and turmeric and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth and lentils. Cover and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove from heat, and using a hand blender, puree about one third of the lentils. Stir in the cauliflower and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
Ladle into serving bowls, squeeze some lemon over top, and garnish with yogurt, green onion and pepper.
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Popcorn with White... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Eggplant Crepes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pasta with Cauliflower, Bacon &... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Buttery Lima Beans... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Chopped Corn & Black Bean Mason... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Curried Yam & Cauliflower Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lentil-Walnut Loaf 4.2/5 (5 Votes)