Grilled Peaches With Ginger Coconut Caramel
When the fresh peaches are juicy and ripe, this is a perfect recipe to highlight their delicate flavors. Grill the peaches and top with a coconut and ginger caramel sauce.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 ripe peaches
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, water and maple syrup. Place over medium heat, and stir with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
Once dissolved, stir occasionally, but don't let it burn. It should be bubbly at the edges and start to turn a few shades darker. If it seems to be bubbling wildly, then lower the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water and slowly add the coconut milk, mixing with a fork to thoroughly mix the cornstarch.
Once the caramel turns a deep honey brown, slowly stream in the coconut milk, whisking constantly, then mix in the coconut oil, ginger and salt.
Cook for another 7 minutes or so, so that the cornstarch thickens the caramel a bit. Let cool a bit, but serve warm.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lightly grease the grill so that the peaches don’t stick.
Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit. Place peaches in a big bowl, and gently toss in the oil and lemon juice. Use your hands to gently rub them and make sure they’re coated.
Grill each peach, face down, for about 7 minutes. Use a thin metal spatula to lift them from the grill. They should be tender and have grill marks. Flip so the skin side icon the grill and cook and for another 2 minutes or so, just to soften a bit more.
Serve immediately, with ice cream and drizzle with caramel
You'll also love
- Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream... 4/5 (1684 Votes)
- Strawberry Brownies 3.9/5 (767 Votes)
- Boar's Head Sweet Vidalia Onions... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork-Filled Turnovers 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Charley's Crab Raspberry-Maple... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apricot Chocolate Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Patti Labelles Recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Neely's Coconut Bundt Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)