Cinnamon Roasted Chicken wih Pumpkin sage Grits
- 4 4- to 6-oz. skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup instant grits (two 1-oz. packages)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange chicken breast halves in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Drizzle chicken with oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the salt, the cinnamon, and black pepper. Rub the spices over all sides of the chicken. Roast in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Stir in grits until combined. Stir in pumpkin, sage, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
3. To serve, spoon grits onto dinner plates and top with chicken breast halves. Add sage leaves. Makes 4 servings.