- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 lb. or 16 to 20 oz small or med shrimp
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. sliced Italian sausage (can be hot or mild)
- 2 T butter
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 t salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 16 oz can of tomatoes with juice
- 1 c chicken or beef broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in large iron skillet then add garlic and onions and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the sausage and shrimp and stir another 5 minutes.
Add everything else and even out in the pan.
Cover the skillet and place in oven for an hour or until the rice is tender.