Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Delicious homemade cinnamon rolls are easy to make with this recipe. Serve them warm from the oven with some extra butter on the side. Don't plan on leftovers!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten plus 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour (Add a bit more if dough seems too wet after first few minutes of kneading in the bread machine.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- FILLING (I doubled this since we like our filling, oh yes we do!):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons (or less) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Adapted from moneysavingmom.com
Put the dough ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed and run on the dough cycle. After the dough cycle is finished, roll the dough into a large rectangle and spread it with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
Roll up and cut into 10-15 rolls and place in two greased round cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned. Spread the icing on as soon as they come out of the oven.
You can also cover the unbaked rolls with plastic wrap, stick them in the refrigerator overnight, and then bake in the morning.