Cheddar Turkey Casserole
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce.
3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
4. Serve immediately or before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
5.To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions.