Roasted Parsnip and Date Salad
I got this recipe in a small booklet that came with my Martha Stewart Living magazine.
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces, halved or quartered if large
- 5 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small head escarole, leaves torn (about 7 cups) or can use Romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (preferably Medjool)
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 oz)
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven 425
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss parsnips with 2 T oil, the thyme, and 1/2 tsp. salt, and spread in an even layer. Roast, until golden brown and tender, about 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let cool.
Toss parsnips with lettuce, dates, lemon juice, remaining 3 T olive oil, and the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Scones 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Squash Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- bites - Date and Walnut Energy... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grammie's English whipped Parsnips 5/5 (1 Votes)