Pasta with Spicy Sausage, Baby Spinach and Creamy Butternut Sauce
- 11 oz (4 links) spicy chicken Italian sausage
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 10 oz casarecce, or pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 sage leaves, sliced thin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add butternut squash and cook until soft. Remove squash with a slotted spoon and place in a blender, blend until smooth.
Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, reserving at least 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
Meanwhile, in a large deep non-stick skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, set aside on a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-low and melt the butter, sauté the shallots and garlic until soft and golden, about 5 - 6 minutes. Add pureed butternut squash, season with with salt and fresh cracked pepper and add a little of the reserved pasta water (I used about 1 cup) to thin out the sauce to your liking. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage.
You'll also love
- Dill Sauce for Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PICKLED BEETS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Blueberry Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PORK CHOPS RICE 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Spinach Scalloped... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Banana Peppers with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CROCKPOT Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (1 Votes)