Pumpkin Patch Martini
This festive cocktail by Mary Hulse, bar manager at Muriel's Jackson Square, is sure to be a hit at any Thanksgiving get-together. The pumpkin reduction can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for later.
- Pumpkin reduction:
- 1 can pureed pumpkin (preferably Libby's)
- 1-1/3 cup reduced-sugar brown sugar blend (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 ounces pumpkin reduction
- 2 ounces Cathead Pumpkin Spice Vodka
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- Splash of orange juice
- Rind of 1 orange, sliced
- Dash of nutmeg.
Adapted from nola.com
Bring all pumpkin reduction ingredients to a boil, then reduce to a medium heat. Let the mixture reduce by half, then cool and puree in blender.
To make Pumpkin Patch Martini, combine two ounces of pumpkin reduction with Cathead Pumpkin Spice Vodka, lemon juice, and orange juice. Pour into a strainer over ice and shake. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with an orange rind and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
For reduced-sugar brown sugar blend, combine 1-1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener with 1/4 cup molasses. Mix well and store in air-tight container; or use Splenda Brown Sugar Blends