Grain Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
This recipe is from healyrealfoodvegetarian.com...These grain free pumpkin spice pancakes are so tasty! I think the addition of the pumpkin puree really makes for a heartier, fluffier pancake when compared to just coconut flour pancakes. These are a great breakfast to serve for a lazy autumn saturday morning! (I haven't tried this recipe yet!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee (for the pan)
1. Mix together ingredients and blend with a hand blender or food processor. Make sure that there are no lumps of the pumpkin in the batter.
2. Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a skillet under medium heat, I like to use a cast iron griddle. Wait a moment for the pan to heat up. Place about 1/3 cup or less of batter in the skillet and slightly flatten and round with a spoon. Let cook for a few minutes or until the pancake has firmed a little, then flip with a spatula.
3. Repeat for the remaining batter. Enjoy with maple syrup or just plain!