Grilled eggplant with spinach and ricotta over fettuccine
- 2 small eggplants (1 1/2 pounds total), sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 16 to 18 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 5 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta
- crushed red pepper (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1.Heat grill to medium. Brush the eggplant with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Grill until tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
2.Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the fettuccine and return it to the pot.
3.Add the eggplant, spinach, vinegar, ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the fettuccine and toss to combine. (Add more cooking water if the fettuccine seems dry.) Serve topped with the ricotta and, if desired, red pepper, and additional oil.
You'll also love
- BOURSIN GARLIC-FINE HERBS CHEESE... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meatloaf (Bob Evans Sausage) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger Shallot Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PASTA ALLA RUSTICA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joey's Baked Macaroni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mamma Mia's Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Crescent City Creamed... 0/5 (0 Votes)