Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms
Easy to cook. I substitute a dry, white wine for the chicken broth.
- 2 tsp Vegatable Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove garlic (Medium) Crushed!
- 1 LB Chicken Breast, boneless skinless. Best in 4 oz. pieces.
- 2 Cups mushsrooms, cremini or shitake, - small and halved.
- 1/3 Cup canned chicken broth. OR
- I prefer a dry, white wine (A Blanc of most any sort)
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme, crumbled.
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. In a non-stick skillet heat 1 tsp of Oil
2. In a medium bowl, mix 2 tbps of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and coat with mixture.
3. Transfer the chicken and the marinade to the skillet. Saute Chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining tsp of Oil in skillet. Saute mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, (or Wine) , Thyme and remaining tbps of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionaly, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
Serve Chicken topped with mushrooms.