Libby's pumpkin pie with double the nutmeg replacing cloves.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 190mins
Adapted from cooks.com
Preheat oven to 425
1. MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl.
2. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
3. POUR into pie shell.
4. BAKE in preheated 425°F. oven for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce temperature to 350°F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Cooks Note: 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the
cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
Do not freeze, as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.
FOR 2 SHALLOW PIES: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shells.
Bake in preheated 425°F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to
350°F.; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Chicken & Lima Bean... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Vanilla-Orange Sugar... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Duchess Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Basil-Garlic Butter Sause 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini with Feta and Pine Nuts 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Maple Iced Pumpkin Blondies 4.3/5 (13 Votes)