Seafood Stoup Fra Diavolo
This Rachel Ray recipe is easy and always a favorite!
- 1/4 C EVOO
- 1 lb. sea scallops, trimmed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
- 6 flat fillets of anchovies
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 C. dry sherry, white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 C. tomato sauce
- 1 C seafood stock or chicken broth
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 lb turbot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 C shredded or torn fresh basil
- Grated peel of one lemon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of a pan over med-low heat. Add scallops in a single layer, season with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, 2 min. on each side. Transfer to a plate. Add garlic, anchovies, and crushed red pepper to the skillet and cook until the anchovies dissolve.
Add the sherry to the skillet and reduce slightly. add the tomato sauce and stock; bring to a boil. Season t he shrimp and fish with salt and pepper. Add to the sauce and simmer until opaque, 6-7 min. Stir in the scallops, basil and lemon peel.
Serve in shallow bowls with crusty bread.