Alban's Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken, boneless, skinned, washed and patted
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, peeled, ends removed, cute into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, washed, cored, seeded, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets, washed, cut into bit side pieces
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned, quartered
- 1 6-ounce pkg frozen pea pods, defrosted or fresh pea pods, cleaned, strings removed
- 1 8-ounce can slices water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked plain white or brown rice, cooked according to pkg directions without added salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
In a wok or large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken pieces gradually and cook 1 minute. Add red onion, red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, pea pods and water chestnuts and cook 2 more minutes.
Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice and ginger. Add to chicken/ vegetable mixture and cook 1 minute more.