- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup each chopped celery, onion, and green sweet pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced smoked cooked sausage
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp
- 1 16 oz jar chunky salsa, drained (1 1/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. In bowl,combine rice, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Lightly coat a 12 inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread rice mixture evenly in pan. Bake 20 mins. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 425 F.
2. For topping, in large skillet cook celery, onion, and green pepper in hot butter over medium heat for 8 mins or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, sausage, ham, and shrimp. Heat through.
3. Spread drained salsa over rice crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Spread vegetable meat mixture over salsa. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 15 mins or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into pieces to serve.