- For blue cheese dip:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon milk
- For shrimp:
- 18 jumbo shrimp (1 1/2 to 2 pounds), peeled, leaving last shell segment and tail fan attached, then deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 bunch celery, cut into 4-inch sticks
Stir together ingredients, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure . Toss shrimp with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Oil grill rack, then grill shrimp, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, until just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes total. Stir together butter and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add shrimp and toss until coated. Serve shrimp with dip and celery.