Picnic Potato & Chicken Salad Cups
Perfect picnic food! Chicken and potato salad served in a lettuce cup! No need to make both potato salad and chicken salad, this recipe includes it all!
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, toss with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the chicken in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a simmer over medium heat and poach until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for a bit, then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, chicken, bacon, celery, onion and garlic. Mix in the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, paprika, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the salad in lettuce cups and roll up to eat.
You'll also love
- Baked: Bars: (Paleo) Pumpkin Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Sour Cream Waffles 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Perfect Crispy Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- E.D. Smith's Pumpkin Pie 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Fully Loaded Twice Baked Potato... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Paleo Albondigas (Meatball Soup) 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chana Masala 4.2/5 (28 Votes)