Balsamic Chicken, Sweet Onion and Thyme WW
Points Plus Values= 5
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 pound(s) Chicken, breast, raw, without skin & bone, four 4 oz pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion(s), cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, chopped, or less to taste
- 2 tsp butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
On a plate, combine flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off any excess.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes; remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
Add onion to skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted; spoon sauce over chicken. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/4 cup onion sauce per serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Sticks and Sweet... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Lamb and Sweet Onion Pitas with... 5/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (0 Votes)